Geology/msc study

Dear Mr. Tariq,

thank you very much for your valuable answers.

I studied geology and have been working as a geoscientist in oil exploration for 3 years. I want to do an MSc in petroleum geosciences. what is better in overall, King fahad or Petronas university to pursue my study???

Thank you

Dear Ismail,

Thanks for sending me your question and interest in Petroleum Geosciences.

I am not a university expert but I can tell you with my experience that universities are also being recognized by their date of establishment. More often, if not always, it has been believed that with passage of time the standard of universities should have been improved by adding valuable faculty members and increasing good teaching facilities, increasing high tech research and mustering more support from other universities to cooperate with each other.

Answering your question; KFUPM offers Master in Geology and also in Geophysics whereas UTP, Malaysia offers Masters in Petroleum Geosciences. Therefore, you can go to UTP for your Masters program.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist