Geology/properties of source rock

Question
AOA sir i can u tell me about the detail of properties of source rock of pakistan .... i need for my project
i will be waiting for your good answers

Answer
Zeeshan,

Patala shale (Paleocene) in Kohat-Potwar and Sembar shale (Cretaceous) in the remaining Indus Basin are the established source rocks in Pakistan. A source rock must have preserved TOC (1% and above is considered a beginning of a good source rock), It should be in optimum temperature and pressure environments to generate hydrocarbons and requisite carrier beds so that the generated hydrocarbons could be expelled to the reservoirs. However, the source rocks in Pakistan are not of excellent quality and not many are found in our stratigraphy.

You better go through different volumes of PAPG-SPE ATC Proceedings where you will find number of papers related to source rock. Also get hold of the Pakistan Journal of hydrocarbon research published by HDIP.

Geology

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)