Geology/rarity/occurrence of mineral

Mr. Agarwal, I was wondering where yellow jasper can be found?(desert, forest, beach, etc.)I also was walking along a rock beach and I found a 6.3lb piece of rough yellow jasper, and wondering if this size is hard to come by in places like these?

Yellow jasper is a mineral of volcanic affinity and should be expected in volcanic terrains or in alluvium/colluviums derived from such terrains.

Its occurrence in forest, beaches and deserts could only be incidental to such terrains only.

Your find of a 6.3lb piece indeed is a rarity and must not have travelled far from its place of origin in the volcanic rocks, you may get more similar or smaller pieces in vicinity.

Would be happy to answer : General Geology, Engineering Geology, Economic Geology, Geomorphology, Geoenvironment, Tectonics, Natural Resources inclusive of Rocks & Minerals, Exploration, Science Policy etc.

Geological-Geotechnical Solutions and professional advice. I have over 34 years of professional experience of working as a geologist in diverse mountainous terrain. I have professional skills for planning. programming, executing and monitoring of : (1) Engineering Geological investigations in Hydropower and Developmental projects, (2) Landslide and Disaster Management etc. (3) Natural Resource Management and Programming (4) Geological Mapping (5) Geoenvironmental Management (6) Mineral Exploration (7) Water Resources Management, (8) Integrated Watershed Management, (9) Training on - Natural Resource Management, Geoenvironmental Management, Waste Management, Geohazards, Geotechnical Investigations, Data acquisition & interpretations, (10) R&D Initiatives and Societal issues etc.

ex-Geological Survey of India. Retired Director now Geo-Consultant and Advisor -HIGEOS India

Departmental Publications mostly

M.Tech.(Applied Geology), University of Roorkee (now IIT Roorkee).

Worked in the Geological Survey of India for aabout 32 years. Presently - GeoConsultant & Advisor - HIGEOS India