Geology/Unknown rock

Unknown rock
Unknown rock  

Unknown rock
Unknown rock  
What kind of rock is this?is it worth any money?

Hello Marry

It is difficult to identify a rock from a picture. Sort of like identifying a car from a picture of the door handle.
Rocks can be identified by things like hardness, texture, density and sometimes microscopic analysis is necessary.
It looks like it may contain some molybdenum which is worth about $11/lb right now. Usually a rock only will contain a small fraction of a valuable mineral so most of it would be worthless.
Here is a link to get you started on identification

Good Luck

Michael Goff

I have over 20 years experience in Hydrogeology, I can answer questions about water resource development, well construction and testing, artificial recharge and general groundwater topics.

I have worked as a consultant in Florida and California, I have worked for the water utility in Las Vegas, NV and am now working as a consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have designed, constructed and tested numerous production and artificial recharge wells and managed the largest direct injection AR program in the US.

Bachelor of Science Degree - Geology - Western Michigan University, 1986