Geology/Hydrogeology

Question
Dear Sir,hoping fine.

I am  doing my M.Phil thesis to find hydrogeological aspects of district Nowshera,Pakistan.Dear Sir i have resistivity data and i want to calculate Dar Zaruk parameters from this data. Please guide me how i can calculate these parameters ? and how to make contours which shows the resistvity variation in the area? Also please if you have any other idea to find the water quality,i will be grateful to you?

Answer
Dear Mr. Muhammad Kashif
Thanks for your question,
For a sequence of n horizontal, homogeneous and isotropic
layers of resistivity ρi and thickness hi , the DZ parameters (longitudinal conductance S and transverse resistance T) are defined respectively:

Si = n∑i=1       hi/ρi(siemens)
Ti = n∑i=1       ρi ・ hi (ohm.m2)

Now with the available resistivity data(pho a and ab/2) you have I hope you can calculate pho and h respectively.
From that data you can find our Dar Zaruk parameters. For better understanding you can download from google search the available paper on RESISTIVITY (DC) METHOD APPLIED TO AQUIFER PROTECTION STUDIES by  Antonio Celso de Oliveira Braga, Walter Malagutti Filho and Jo˜ao C. Dourado and also http://seisweb.usask.ca/classes/GEOL335/2004/Lectures/PDF/Resistivity.pdf

Regrding contours you can mark the value of resistivity for a particular depth and draw contour by manually or using any software. You can see those diagrams also in the above references
Regarding water quality you should know the hydrogeological conditions of the area. But broadly you can consider as lower the resistivity values the quality (TDS) gets deteorated but a field checkup is must before confirming your result.
Thanks,
Kothandapani Manoharan

Geology

Manoharan Kothandapani alias Manoharan