Geology/traps ( compressional, extensional , transtentional and transpressional)

sir , i know how these types of traps forms but i don't know where in Pakistan , except compressional traps, these traps(extensional,transpressional and transtensional traps) has formed and why ?
kindly help me to know how did they form in Pakistan and where exaclty these traps are located in our homeland(Pskistan).
I'll be waiting for your reply.

Dear Maham,

I am glad  to know that you know how these structures are formed.

The compressional structures are usually associated with collision zones such as areas which are affected by Himalaya orogeny tectonics(Northern part of Pakistan, Murree and Potwar basin)

Transpressional are usually associated oblique movement or strike slip faulting associated with compressional tectonics. There are several areas near Sulaiman Range and Khairpur High.

Extensional traps are being formed during  rifting of the plates and similar structures can be observed in southern Pakistan (Sindh)  and South eastern part of Sindh.

Sincere apology for late response.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist