Geology/Chromite detection using Magnetic Survey

My question is can chromite be discovered with the help of magnetic survey ? If yes than what is the mechanism and how it is done and which instrumentation is used ?
If, Not what is the reason for that ?

I am not personally familiar with chromite magnetic detection; however, I was able to find this article on the internet:

I would suspect that the iron attached to the chromium in the mineral (compound) is the magnetic attraction but I also suspect that the whole chromite-magnesiochromite solid solution series will react.  

Joe Norris

I am an economic geologist. An economic geologist does mineral evaluations and appraisals of mineral or mining properties. I can tell you if your deposit has value - remember that a mineral deposit, no matter how good, only has value when mined. Any value assigned to a mineral deposit, in the ground, is only the speculative value that deposit.

I have been a economic geologist for most of my 35 year career. Although I have done work in perhaps 45 states and numerious countries much of my work has been in Appalachian coal, intermountain west gold and silver, and Arizona uranium.

Past President of the Virginia Section of the American Institute of Professional Geologists and a certified geologist in twelve states.

BS Degree from Eastern Kentucky University. Work on MS Degree @ Eastern Kentucky University, Colorad School of Mines & Marshall University Numerious short courses on the value of mineral deposits and how to value same. Also several short courses dealing with the different types of geologic processes; sedimentary, igneous, metamorphic along with the mineral associated with each.