Geology/green/blue rock

Question
rock
rock  
HI,, I live in ontario canada, I hav found a rock, that is kind of aqua marine in colour,,, greeny/blue, I am attaching a photo, hopefully you might me able to tell me what kind of rock it is,, thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi Deb,
Very interesting specimen.  You have an example of glass slag. It's basically rough glass from a blast furnace.  This was probably from a glass making operation, although slack from an iron furnace can be very glassy.  
It can have value as an antique since much was produced in the 19th century from iron smelting factories and from glass making facilities.  It was used for commercial purposes and for lamps, and jewelry.  I don't know how old your sample is or if there were any iron factories near the area.  You might be able to find out more if you take it to a local university or rock club.

Here's a picture that looks much like yours but without much of the surface discoloration.

http://www.forginglinks.net/2011/05/glass-and-iron/

Hope this helps.
Bob

Geology

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.