Geology/blue rock picture

Question
blue rock I
blue rock I  

blue rock II
blue rock II  
Here is angle of the rock I am trying to identify.

Answer
This is very difficult without actually seeing the rock but I believe that it is one of two rock types.

Fulgurite, would be my first guess, is the varietal name given to fused Quartz, Si02, which has been fused by the action of lightning striking the Earth and locally melting the sand. The best known Fulgurites are found in Quartz sands, where the Fulgurites take the form of tubes, sometimes exceeding a half inch or more in diameter. This type of formation is called a Sand Fulgurite. As the lightning strikes the Earth and courses downward through the sand, the sand is instantly super heated (i.e., melted and fused). After cooling, glass-like hollow tubes (Fulgurites) can sometimes be located beneath the surface of the sand, generally decreasing in diameter and sometimes branching as they descend, sometimes extending for several feet. The outer surfaces sand fulgurites are often rough with adhering, unfused Quartz sand grains. The inner surfaces and openings of the tubes are usually smooth and glassy, in some specimens resembling an applied glaze, sometimes with blister-like bubbling present.  Rock Fulgurites are formed when lightning strikes the surface of a rock, melting and fusing the surface, and sometimes the interior of the rock.  The melting point of Si02 is 2950oF. The color of the glassy, fused Si02 varies from pale gray, to smoky gray, to shiny black. The name Fulgurite is from the Latin: FULGUR (lightning).

The main reason that I believe that the rock is fulgurite is that it is very unlikely that serpentine is found in or near London; since it is a metamorphic rock.  If the rock was found in or around London I would think that it is fulgurite.

Geology

Joe Norris