Geology/Earthquake Resistant Structures.

Earthquake Resistant Proof Structure
Earthquake Resistant P  
Dear Michael‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

Is it possible to build 100 % Earthquake resistant proof buildings and structures ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant

You should probably contact a geotechnical engineer or an architect.

I am a Geologist doing Water Resources work so my opinion should not be your final answer.

I think a building could be 100% earthquake proof but it may be too expensive to be practical. A single story with reinforced walls and integrated roof could be made to hold up in most anything - well then if there is ground faulting and crevices opening under the building it would not mean much.

I guess it depends on what type of earthquake and your definition of 100% Earthquake resistant proof buildings and structures.

Good luck in your efforts!

Michael Goff

I have over 20 years experience in Hydrogeology, I can answer questions about water resource development, well construction and testing, artificial recharge and general groundwater topics.

I have worked as a consultant in Florida and California, I have worked for the water utility in Las Vegas, NV and am now working as a consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have designed, constructed and tested numerous production and artificial recharge wells and managed the largest direct injection AR program in the US.

Bachelor of Science Degree - Geology - Western Michigan University, 1986