Geology/Geology of Ghar -e-Hira

QUESTION: Dear Sir, I am planning to go hajj for geo-religion  purpose I had red your above article. Can you guide me how to reach Ghar-e-Hira. Can you also send me a small piece of sample (of 50g) that you shown us in Geological Congress in Islamabad.
Dr. Memon is saying salams to you

ANSWER: Dr. Imdad,

I like your word 'Geo-religion. You just have to ask any taxi driver for a trip to the Ghar. They will drop you at the foot-hill of Jabal-e-Noor  and then you will have to climb it to reach the holy Ghar at the very top. Do climb on roof of the Ghar to check the topography particularly towards the Ka'aba.

It was way back when I presented the paper in the referred seminar. Now it is in the form of full paper with colored figures. If you send me your email I will forward it to you.

Someone has also requested for the sample and half of it I had given to him. The other half is small and is misplaced, any way. You are going there and collect the sample, as if you are on a fieldwork. If you go to Madina then visit the site of Khak-e-Shifa. Do see it with the eye of a geologist. You may find the reason why the Prpophet (SAW) asked to use that soil by the wounded persons in the battle of  Uhad. Do let me know too.

Give my regards to Dr. Memon.

God bless you.

QUESTION: Thanks Siddiqui it will be  my pleasure  to have you complete paper. I also need your e.mail, please do send your complete paper. my e.mail is
I also intend to write paper on it particularly its geochmistry and SEM microphotographs of its internal structure. Tes inshallah I will also collect sample of Khak e shiffa for analyses.
Waiting for your paper
Dr. Imdad Siddiqui

Dr. Imdad,

Go to the battle gnround of Uhad, note the positions of the mountains and visualize the action done by Khalid bin Waleed.

You will have to SMS me your email address. Some of staff of your department have my addresses. I will then be able to send you mmy paper.

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)

I am a petroleum exploration geologist with about 40+ years of diversified experience. I can answer questions on stratigraphy, log interpretation, field studies based on set of logs and core results, general geology etc. Can provide guidance for career planning in earth sciences. Can not help in questions about hard rocks, igneous petrology & mineralogy, sequence stratigraphy and seismic.

Petroleum Exploration - field geology, stratigraphy, prospect generation, interpretation of satellite imagery (visual), log interpretation.

Retired in May, 2006 as Senior Manager Exploration from Pakistan Petroleum Limited after serving 26 years. Since then continuing in active service with petroleum exploration companies.A cumulative experience of about 40 years covers 30 years in petroleum exploration, 5 years hydrogeology experience in Libya, and about 5 years of dam geology in Pakistan.

-AAPG Bulletin (Vol.88, July, 2004); paper on Sui Main Limestone (Eocene), a prolific gas reservoir in Pakistan. -Have presented papers on diversified topics ranging from spirituality, flood control, remote sensing and off course geology in France, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE, Kashmir, India and Pakistan that have been published in respective Special Proceedings. -ONGC Bulletin(India) Vol. 44, Number 2, December, 2009; Chapter 19.A & 19.B on basin architecture and stratigraphy of Pakistan, p.402-474.

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science in Petroleum and Structural Geology. PGD from ITC, The Netherlands.

-Remained Active Member of AAPG from 1990-2006; founding member of PAPG (a local affiliate of AAPG). -Life member of SEGMITE & AGID, and Senior Editor of SEGMITE magazine. -Member of the Board of Studies, i. Department of Petroleum & Gas Engineering (BUITMS, Quetta), and ii. Geology Department, Sindh University, Jamshoro. -Member of Stratigraphic Committee of Pakistan. -Represented Mining Journal, UK in Pakistan till 2007. -Chairman of Annual Technical Conference (ATC)& Oil Show, an SPE/PAPG annual event, in 2003. -Chairman Technical Committee (ATC, 2002).