Geology/entry Geologist question

Hi Tariq.
Your qualifications are impressive.
I am a Geologist, age 54 and diagnosed with a mental illness.
Should I give up looking for a geology job?
David MacNeil          Calgary

Dear David,

My sincere apology for late response.

First, I am sorry to hear about your difficulty and pray with Almighty to give you complete health.

This is a tough question and I am not sure if I am the right person and qualified enough to answer.

I think at this age you must have a several years of geological experience and you have must have been employed before in any geology related company such as oil or mineral exploration etc.

If you are under treatment with your recently diagnosed illness, I understand that you are still able to work and based on my this assumption I would suggest you to keep on working and if you are out of job you may pursue all opportunities. How severally you are ill and how mush it effects on your working performance you may judge it well but if illness has been in control then you must look for all possible jobs you like to have.

I am not sure if I help you or not but I tries to give you the best answer as I could.

Kindest regards

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist