Geology/specimen id

I found this specimen in a Colorado river while panning. Grey/silver, malleable, ductile, not affected by torch (heat), non ferrous. Can provide pics..

I need pictures and please check to make sure that they are in focus. I need the steak, hardness, specif gravity, and where in the river it was found.  I got my MS from the Colorado School of Mines and have worked in Colorado quite a bit; in fact I ran a gold mine outside of Durango for several years; so I am generally familiar with Colorado geology.

Joe Norris

I am an economic geologist. An economic geologist does mineral evaluations and appraisals of mineral or mining properties. I can tell you if your deposit has value - remember that a mineral deposit, no matter how good, only has value when mined. Any value assigned to a mineral deposit, in the ground, is only the speculative value that deposit.

I have been a economic geologist for most of my 35 year career. Although I have done work in perhaps 45 states and numerious countries much of my work has been in Appalachian coal, intermountain west gold and silver, and Arizona uranium.

Past President of the Virginia Section of the American Institute of Professional Geologists and a certified geologist in twelve states.

BS Degree from Eastern Kentucky University. Work on MS Degree @ Eastern Kentucky University, Colorad School of Mines & Marshall University Numerious short courses on the value of mineral deposits and how to value same. Also several short courses dealing with the different types of geologic processes; sedimentary, igneous, metamorphic along with the mineral associated with each.