Geology/What to take beside geology

Question
Dear Expert ,

I am a geology student where I am so confused what to take additional courses besides the required and I ended my choices into two tracks where I want to ask you to give me your opinion pursuing which track that will be the best . First of all I took electric circuits course ,discrete mathematics course and calculus 3 course (besides 1&2). My first plan is to take five more programming courses and gain a minor in computer science .While second plan is to take like two programming courses and two or three math courses .So which plan do u prefer as an expert in this domain.
And finally after my Bs in geology may I continue my masters in petroleum engineering ?
If I can't gain masters in petroleum engineering after geology, which branch of geology would u advice me to pursue at graduate level that has a great future in the middle east and specifically in (Lebanon) !?

Thanks in advance

Answer
Dear Asaad,

If you are in bachelors program and wanted to do masters in Geology then you should have mathematics and Physics and as an additional minor subjects you may go with Chemistry.

This combination will enable you to get admission either in the faculty of Petroleum Engineering or Petroleum Geology or Geophysics.

In my opinion, petroleum is one of the best professional career should you go with engineering or geology or geophysics options.

I would recommend you to go for the petroleum engineering for masters where career options are several and brighter than other engineering fields with good salary and travelling opportunities.

I apologize for taking more than usual time in responding you.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Regards

Tariq Hasany

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany