Geology/guidance about geophysics

Question
sir my name is kamran i recently passed my fsc examination i am intersted in geophysics there  is no on e who can guide me kindly guide me if i adopt this line what will be my possible future.

Answer
Kamran,

You have chosen a right subject. Quaid-e-Azam University and Bahria University (Islamabad) both offer Masters in Geophysics. But your admission depends upon your marks in F.Sc.
You should be good in mathematics and with a good command on the usage of computers, not just the MS Office. Geophysical interpretation is all based on highly sophisticated industry software. In the meantime improve your English and presentation skills. Apart from an interview you may have to give a short presentation; it may not be required for the admission but once you apply for a job it is normally required. Please note that hard work always pays, and your concepts about the subject should be perfect when you leave the University.

To me, in future, Geophysics will have an edge over simple Geology.

Best of luck.

Geology

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)