Geology/Rock found in Quebec

My rock
My rock  
Hello, last year while visiting my family in Melbourne, QC. I found an interesting rock, it has a few different colours. I can't figure out what it is. The green section of the rock is almost transparent, there is also a layer of black, a little amount of white, a little amount of brown and then the bottom is a green/brown. The brown and green/brown are not transparent. I would like to send you a few pictures because it is an interesting looking piece.

Hi Jason,
You have a very nice piece of glass slag.  Your guess about where it came from is as good as mine, but slag is found all over the place.  A antique glass was made for jewelry.  Others were made for windows, lamp shades and other decorative items.

Here a some images that I found.

Hope this helps.

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.

I can answer any general geology question (rocks, minerals, stratigraphy, geomorphology etc.). My expertise is in the geology of the Michigan Basin, PreCambrian, Paleozoic and Recent. I can answer questions concerning mining and petroleum exploration and production and the laws concerning those activities. I can also answer questions concerning stratigraphy of the Michigan Basin. I will also answer questions about mineral and rock collecting in the Basin. I won`t be able to answer many specific questions on hydrology, geophysics or geochemistry. I may be able to answer very general questions in those venues.

I have been working for the State of Michigan for 36 years as a Geologist and a Resource Analyst. I have experience with Subsurface Geology and Petroleum Geology, mining in Michigan, and Sand Dune Mining and Protection issues.

Michigan Basin Geological Society

Decade of North American Geology.
Bedrock Geology of Michigan

BS Wayne State University