Geology/Validity of topic for research

Question
Respected Sir!

I am interested in a research project that will involve the integration of geology and geophysics. I am a recent graduate in Earth Sciences and hoping to conduct a research in the field of Economic Geology and Exploration Geophysics. Topic i chose for research is "Gravity Response of Metallic Mineral Resources in Different Offshore Tectonic Regimes". I will obtain Gravity data from NOAA and choose three distinct tectonic regimes i.e. Subduction zone, Transform Zone and Active Ridges. Based on processed data, i will analyze bugger anomalies and mark the regime that has most potential for economic minerals offshore. Is this raw synopsis acceptable in your eye? Any recommendation will be more than beneficial.

Regards

Answer
Ali,

It is great that you will be able to analyze real data, which you will relate to the three tectonic regimes of your choice. Are there some proven examples in the world where economic minerals have been found in any of the tectonic regimes you want to explore by the gravity data?

It will be more convincing if you could compare your outcome with a real-life proven example.
The similarity of the gravity data where you may be able to interpret the presence of metallic minerals in a certain tectonic regime with that where the minerals have been proven will be a strong evidence for the validity of your interpretation. The problem is that will the data on  proven deposits be available in the Public Domain! However, there may be published literature for such proven examples.

Best of luck. And please acknowledge every figure and text from previous publications, which you may like to re-produce in your work.

Geology

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)