Geology/career in petroleum geology

Hello sir,

I have passed out Geology from Goa university and now currently working at National institute of Oceanography Goa. But i do not have interest in research field. Since in Goa there is not much scope in field of geology i had to except this job. My interest is in petroleum field and i do not know how to get job into dis field. Mostly oil company prefer male candidates for work so there is hardly any opportunity for females. Sir it will be kind enough of you if you can suggest me some company in oil field where there is scope for girls and how to apply or get in touch with those company.
looking forward for your replay.

Thank you

Dear Ms.Sheela Sharma,
Thanks for your question. I think you have misunderstood about what job means. Where ever you work you have to produce results. Either in Petroleum sector, coal sector, mining sector etc., you have to just gather data and interpret it and give results and i hope that is what you are doing at NIO. There is lot of scopes if you are in touch with offshore data and knowledge with basin exploration technology wherein which you can come up to petroleum field. Further you have scopes of research in schlumberger, Halliburton where they also take peoples who are good in intrest. So just keep on working and enrich your knowledge and try in ONGC, OIL etc., you will get it.All the Best

Manoharan Kothandapani alias Manoharan

questions fron hydrogeology, Coal Bed Methane and petroleum geology

Hydrogeology,Coal Bed Methane and Petroleum Geology

M.Sc.,(Geology), M.Tech(Petroleum Exploration)

First Rank in M.Sc., Second Rank in M.Tech