Geology/What have I found?

Mystery rock
Mystery rock  
I was hunting in kentucky last week and came across an interesting rock. It looks like the infrastructure of a bee hive. I'm not a rock collector but it's pretty cool. Do you have any ideas on what it is?

You are right it is a fossil coral.  Here is a link to one that looks pretty similar to your's from St. Louis, Missouri.

It is the same type as these from Missouri.  It is Mississippian in age and is Lithostrotionella custelnaui.

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas