Geology/Depofacies and Lithofacies logs

Dear Mr Syed Anjum Shah,

During my industrial training, I had involved with the construction of static reservoir model. In static model, we need lithofacies and depofacies logs for facies modelling. My question is :-

1. Is there any specific method for people to prepare facies log by using petrel software by SLB?
2. Do you mind to share any methodology / algorithm to prepare facies log in petrophysics point of view.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for putting this question.

I don't use SLB software so i am sorry i don't know their algorithms.

You can make your facies on the basis of rock typing; some softwares do have this utility in the whole package.

Syed Anjum Shah

I would love to answer questions related to petrophysics which includes conventional as well as unconventional reservoirs. I will avoid answering NMR, CMR and acoustic processing techniques as these are not my area of experties.

Petrophysics and source rock maturity modelling are the fields of great interest. Petrophysics includes, experience in single and multi-well interpretation including thin-beds, carbonates, complex mineral reservoirs, LRLC pay reservoirs, Shale Gas plays. Logging program creation. Operations support. Core analysis. Mud log analysis. Geomechanical data integration for well stability, placement, and completion type.

Saif Energy Limited

Msc Geology 2006

I am in a client company