Geology/Identification of this rock or mineral?

Question
Rock or mineral
Rock or mineral  

Rock or mineral
Rock or mineral  
Hi, I've had this rock sitting around my house for a while, I wanted to know what it was; and if it had any value? Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
The rock is quartz in crystal form.  The colors are mostly from very minor amounts of iron that were in the original fluid of the quartz.  The biggest problem that I have is how in the world did it get to Florida.

Crystal system: hexagonal. Fracture: conchoidal. Color: colorless or white, but may be tinted various colors (e.g., purple, amethyst). Hardness: 7.0. Streak: colorless. Luster: glassy. Specific gravity: 2.65. Uses: jewelry; prehistoric arrowheads, knives (flint); gravel (chert).

Quartz is the main constituent in sandstones and geodes, and also occurs as vein quartz. Crystals usually consist of six-sided hexagonal prisms capped by pyramids on one or both ends. Quartz crystals are found in geodes that occur in several different rock types, particularly limestone. In south-central Kentucky, valleys and stream beds downslope from the Warsaw-Salem Formation are filled with geodes, some containing amethyst (another variety of quartz).

Several cryptocrystalline (microscopic crystals) varieties of quartz occur in Kentucky. They are commonly recognized on the basis of their fibrous texture and granularity. The fibrous varieties include chalcedony, agate, onyx, and jasper, and granular varieties include chert and flint. See the links to photos below

https://www.uky.edu/KGS/rocksmn/images/qtz_varty.jpg
https://www.uky.edu/KGS/rocksmn/images/qtz_geod.jpg

Geology

Joe Norris