Geology/النيازك المقترب منالارض

Question
Are meteorites fall on the ground

Answer
Dear Mr. Mohamed Saad, Goodmorning and Fraternal Greetings!

Thankyou very much for your question to me and my answer is as follows

Meteorites are samples of space rock that fall on to the Earths surface from space. Most meteorites are fragments of small planets shattered by collisions early in the history of the Solar System. These remnants now form the Asteroid Belt, where many thousands of small objects endlessly circle the Sun between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.

Fragments of these asteroids may be knocked out of their orbits by collisions. If their path through space crosses the Earths orbit they may eventually hit the Earth and fall as meteorites.

with regards

Geology

Dr D S Subrahmanyam