hello, I just had a quick question for you that my geology class was debating today, some answers where far fetched and others seemed kind of right. But I just wanted to hear another opinion, thanks!

the question was

"how might limestone breccia be created in a cave deposit?"

Breccia in this environment can be either those produced because of flow of fluids in general and hydrothermal fluids in particular, and those produced by tectonic forces.

Fluids can dissolve limestone and hence create voids that might not be able to support the weight of overlying strata and collapse. Hence creating breccia. Hydrothermal fluids can also cause pressure increases in the rocks and cause them to fracture and engender breccia.

Tectonic forces active in shear zones might also cause breccia in limestone.

Meisam Rasouli Beirami

Magmatic Ore deposits; Igneous Rocks; Uranium Ore Deposits; Mississippi Valley Type (MVT) Deposits; Remote Sensing; Satellite Imagery Processing;

I have done a thesis on magmatic uranium deposits. I ma currently working on MVT ore deposits and their exploration via satellite imagery.

Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran Golestan University, Gorgan, Iran

Bachelor's degree of geology: Tehran university, Iran. MSc of economic geology: Gorgan university, Iran. PhD student of economic geology: Shiraz university, Iran.