Geology/jobs of geology

Question
sir please clearly tell me jobs opportunity of geology everyman even our teachers told us there is no jobs of geology in pakistan or abroad

Answer
Dear Ali,

I think your concern about future job opportunities for you is quite valid. However, it's very difficult to tell you how things will unfold in future and how many jobs will be available in Pakistan and elsewhere. Since there is no hard data about geological job market in Pakistan and future predication about requirement of geologists. Nevertheless, you need to ask your teachers and concerned authorities why they don't have the job market data that may answer your question.

One way to find out about jobs is the past data of those who got jobs after completing education from your institute. Check out of total passed out students how many have gotten job last year and in the last five years and in which fields (either in oil, minerals engineering, environment or else). This is probably the best approach to understand the employability of the geological graduates.

I completely disagree that there are no jobs but I can tell you that getting jobs are becoming increasingly  more challenging due to cut throat competition among companies and also in graduates. I must say that this is becoming a war among the fittest the most fittest will survive. So try to be smarter and fittest to get your job. Please talk to your seniors and seasoned professional to find out the skills and qualifications require to be a successful professional geologist.

Regards  

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany