Geology/jobs of geology

sir please clearly tell me jobs opportunity of geology everyman even our teachers told us there is no jobs of geology in pakistan or abroad

Dear Ali,

I think your concern about future job opportunities for you is quite valid. However, it's very difficult to tell you how things will unfold in future and how many jobs will be available in Pakistan and elsewhere. Since there is no hard data about geological job market in Pakistan and future predication about requirement of geologists. Nevertheless, you need to ask your teachers and concerned authorities why they don't have the job market data that may answer your question.

One way to find out about jobs is the past data of those who got jobs after completing education from your institute. Check out of total passed out students how many have gotten job last year and in the last five years and in which fields (either in oil, minerals engineering, environment or else). This is probably the best approach to understand the employability of the geological graduates.

I completely disagree that there are no jobs but I can tell you that getting jobs are becoming increasingly  more challenging due to cut throat competition among companies and also in graduates. I must say that this is becoming a war among the fittest the most fittest will survive. So try to be smarter and fittest to get your job. Please talk to your seniors and seasoned professional to find out the skills and qualifications require to be a successful professional geologist.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist