Geology/jobs opportunities of geology

R/sir iam doing bs geology tell me me jobs opportunities of geology peoples tell me that there are no any jobs of geology in pakistan or aboard siam now dimotivated kindly tell me

Dear Ali Murtaza,

No need to be demotivated and first you focus your attention towards studies and only then you get to worry about jobs. First, you need to know there are always jobs for best candidates and those with market oriented skills. 2D-3D Seismic interpretation, petrophysics, sequences stratigraphy and petroleum system and basin modelling are the required skills in Petroleum industry. Geologist are being routinely hired in Geotechnical industry (civil engineering, roads/hiways, earth structures and dams etc) and mineral industry.

Unfortunately, no hard data is available in many parts of the world which provide an insight about  future industry requirements for petroleum geologists, hydro geologists, mineralogists, engineering geologists, geophysicists and petrophysicists etc that guide the available graduates and post graduates looking for jobs and who will need jobs in coming years in petroleum industry.

This situation  remained the same from many decades and I don't see it's going to change in coming years. People pass out every year and got jobs in oil companies and many other geological industries. Keep the good hopes alive and be positive in your lifestyle but still if you are unsure about your future career  you still have time to change it and switch to a subject where you are satisfied.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist