Geology/jobs opportunities of geology

Question
R/sir iam doing bs geology tell me me jobs opportunities of geology peoples tell me that there are no any jobs of geology in pakistan or aboard siam now dimotivated kindly tell me

Answer
Dear Ali Murtaza,

No need to be demotivated and first you focus your attention towards studies and only then you get to worry about jobs. First, you need to know there are always jobs for best candidates and those with market oriented skills. 2D-3D Seismic interpretation, petrophysics, sequences stratigraphy and petroleum system and basin modelling are the required skills in Petroleum industry. Geologist are being routinely hired in Geotechnical industry (civil engineering, roads/hiways, earth structures and dams etc) and mineral industry.

Unfortunately, no hard data is available in many parts of the world which provide an insight about  future industry requirements for petroleum geologists, hydro geologists, mineralogists, engineering geologists, geophysicists and petrophysicists etc that guide the available graduates and post graduates looking for jobs and who will need jobs in coming years in petroleum industry.

This situation  remained the same from many decades and I don't see it's going to change in coming years. People pass out every year and got jobs in oil companies and many other geological industries. Keep the good hopes alive and be positive in your lifestyle but still if you are unsure about your future career  you still have time to change it and switch to a subject where you are satisfied.

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany