Geology/petroleum prospect

Question
hello
I saw your answer here
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geology-1359/2010/11/Reserve.htm
and i want to ask you a question :
what is the difference between petroleum prospect and petroleum reservoirs ?
thanks in advance

Answer
Dear Motaz,

Thanks for sending me your question.

Petroleum prospect is any yet to drilled structural, stratigraphic or combination trap that have been  identified in surface or subsurface by a team of experienced geologists, geophysicist and engineers and after thorough study geology, tectonic and petroleum conditions considered favorable for the occurrence of oil and gas.  

Petroleum reservoir is the rock where oil, gas and water is naturally stored in the naturally occurring pores or fractures in the subsurface and can be drilled to obtain commercial quantities. More than 98% of the world reservoirs are sandstone and carbonates.

Hope this answer helps.

Please Rate this answer if you are happy and satisfied.
You are welcome to more questions.

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany