Geology/heed help identifying rock

Susan wrote at 2014-05-06 18:52:00
The green parts I chipped off have small crystals.  Would that happen with slag glass?  Also, the place the rock was found was in a lake, very close to the shore, in Oceana County, which is in the LP. The history of the area is well documented, and there was no copper mining or steel mill.  I could not, in this reply add pictures, but I had sent a separate post to this message board with details that included to close up and higher resolution of the parts I chipped off.  

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 15 years of professional experience in the environmental geology field. I am well versed in general geology types of questions and answers. In addition I have a keen understanding of physical stratigraphy (especially in the Valley and Ridge of Central PA) and cycles.

Eight years of education, fifteen years of professional experience. Have worked or studied in ME, PA, TX, KY, IN, TN, OH, WA and Scotland.

Geological Society of America
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Properties Magazine
Cleveland Bar Association
Cleveland Engineering Society

BA Geology/Math, University of Maine at Farmington
MA Geology - Physical Stratigraphy, Temple University
Post Grad Studies Geology - Texas A&M University

Distinguished graduate teaching award, Temple University