plz tell me about straigraphy of khairpur district

Dear Shakeel,

Please find the attached image about the Stratigraphy of district Khairpur which is self explanatory. (reference: AAPG Bulletin V 93, No 5, May 2009 pp-595-615. Berger A. et. al)

The limestone of Kirthar Formation of Upper-Middle Eocene age is the the first lithological unit in subsurface and aslo exposed to several places including in Khairpur and Sukkur-Rohri area which forms a major structural or basement high which indicates that no marine deposition has taken place since Late Eocene time.

The oldest known rocks which have been drilled in this area so far is Jurassic age Chiltan Formation limestone. Beside post Eocene unconformity Tertiary-Cretaceous unconformity is also  observed with diagnostic presence of scattered volcanics depsoits in Early Paleocene  by rifting whereas Upper Jurassic- Lower Cretaceous unconformity also suggest that area has been significantly affected by tectonic uplifting first due to rifting and later during Tertiary due to compressional events through Himalayan orogeny which have in reality reactivated older rift faults in the region and lead to develop transpressional type faults system.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist