Geology/Water forming on Earth

Question
As best I understand it, water formed when the earth formed but the process was rather quick compared to the solids of the earth.  Is there any geology that might give me a clue how long it took and in what period of the earth formation water was formed?

Answer
Don

I am guessing if you could solve these questions you would be a very famous (at least in geological circles) man.............  

I think these are the types of mysteries that geologists are tryign to solve.

You could do a little reading on oxygen isotopes.  These are markers that we can read to help understand the atmosphere at different times and in concert with other evidence they can help us build a story.

Fraser

Geology

Fraser Hamilton