Geology/Interesting Discovery and Perspective

Good Afternoon,

I have recently discovered some rocks on my land in Wisconsin and I am under the impression that they are old, very old.  Older than current civilization and I believe they are carved by humans or beings of that past civilization.  Would you be interested in taking a look at some of the photos I have and letting me know what your opinion?

Thank you for your time,

Michelle E.

Hello Michelle

Thanks for your email. It sounds like you have found something interesting. I would love to see some pictures of your discovery. I may be able to tell you what kind of rocks they are but probably not who made the designs. If they were carved by humans you will need to find an Archaeologist (I am only a Geologist). You can try bringing the pics or rocks to a Natural History museum or contact the Archaeology department at a University for an opinion - there is probably somebody on this website also.

Good Luck

Michael Goff

I have over 20 years experience in Hydrogeology, I can answer questions about water resource development, well construction and testing, artificial recharge and general groundwater topics.

I have worked as a consultant in Florida and California, I have worked for the water utility in Las Vegas, NV and am now working as a consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have designed, constructed and tested numerous production and artificial recharge wells and managed the largest direct injection AR program in the US.

Bachelor of Science Degree - Geology - Western Michigan University, 1986