Geology/SEDIMENTARY ENVIRONMENT OF CHORGALI FORMATION

Question
QUESTION: sir how we convert time contour map to depth contour ma?

ANSWER: Hi

Though it is not my area of expertise but i would atleast put you on right track. Time can be changed into depth if velocity is known. Usually it is taken from the offset well VSP or check shot survey. It can be corrected after the well is drilled and you get your VSP survey.

V = S * T

Regards

QUESTION: sir can you tell in brief the deposition environment of chorgali formation

Answer
The environment of deposition of Chorgali Formation is intertidal to supratidal. This interpretation is based on the presence of forums (benthonic), stromatolites and vanish evaporaites.

Ref http://www.slashdocs.com/kykwhh/microfacies-and-environment-of-deposition-of-cho

Hope it helps

Regards

Syed

Geology

Syed Anjum Shah