Geology/True dip and Apparent Dip

Sir few days ago i have asked about true and apparent answered that question and i have still confusion in apparent dip.I have fully understand true dip but still confused about apparent.can you quote any other example?

apparent dip
apparent dip  
Dear Muhammad Musa,

The definition of Apparent dip is any angle measured in a vertical plane that is not perpendicular to the strike line.

Take an example; Open a book and keep on a table tent or like a A. The top part is strike line.
The two limbs of the book are true dip which should be vertical to the strike. Now take a cotton thread and extend it on the one side of the dip of the book and should be perpendicular to the strike of the book. Now hold the thread by two hands on  the strike of the book and at the lower edge of the book, now move your lower lower thread to either direction; lower or upper direction, and hold it after moving. Angle between the thread and the  strike of the book is your apparent Dip.

Figure is attached. 1 is strike, 2 is true dip and 3 is apparent dip.

Hope this may be helpful answer.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist