Geology/work flow

Question
sir i have spent two year on field as a Geologist and now move to reservoir development geology.how should i plan to work here and what will be the work flow regarding developing a filed

Answer
Dear Mr Ahmad,

I am sure your company have provided you informative training about your company's objective of field development which will help you a lot to start your job.

Following are my suggestions

Collect wells reports and logs of the field where you are assigned.
introduce yourself with the geology, lithology penetrated in each well, familiarize with structural maps on reservoirs and get an insight about trapping mechanism of the field. Keep the list of dry and producing wells so you should be able demonstrate areas where undrained oil and gas have still trapped undrained and you may recommend new wells on the basis of your work.

If you have Petrel, load Seismic maps, load well logs and well tops, status of wells (dry, producers or abandoned or any other)  and prepare well correlation panels (numbers of panels depend upon the number of wells available)covering all wells in the field in which define well tops and flow units, identify oil, gas and water contacts. With these correlation panels you can prepare several type of property maps. For example, prepare gross thickness maps,(isopach maps) thickness maps on sub flow units and if you have loaded the petrophysical interpretation data prepare porosity and oil saturation or water saturation maps.

All this exercise lead to prepare the static model which you may combine the properties with seismic structural maps and develop several maps and display on structural maps which will show you different points of properties cluster.

Hopefully, this may help.

Regards

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany