Geology/determining stone and rock types

Question
"hi
I am looking for information in determining and identification the type of stones and rocks witch are giving to me to identify at my work. for example I'm given a kind of stone that is said it is marble and I should test it and confirm or reject it. other type of stones that are sending to me include granite, dolomite, travertine ,...
please help me in finding easiest and simplest and cheapest ways of testing them and identifying their nature.
thanks.

Answer
    zohre
Dear Sir/Madam
Rock is aggregate of mineral-Any natural cut into required size is called as stones
Identification of rocks on the basis visual -recognition of minerals
Granite consists of quartz and feldspars-u have to identify minerals next only possible to determine it is granite or not
Marble or limestone put few droprs of dil Hydrochloric acid it will reacts gives effervensess-it indcate presence of calcite minerals
Basalt composes of fe mg minerals
Required field train to identify minerals/rocks
Rad more from basic books-minerallogy petrology
Prof DVREDDY-Editor in chief IJEE-India

Geology

Dr D.Venkat Reddy