Geology/fuel geology

Question
Sir, what is the age of neyveli lignite?

Answer
Shariq
You know how to use the internet I think - yes?

The palynological, particulate organic material (palynodebris) and biopetrological aspects of the main lignite seam encountered in NLE-27, NLE-35 and NLE-36 borehole sections in mine III of the Neyveli lignite field of the Cauvery basin were investigated. The palynoflora is rich in angiospermic pollen (79.6%) distributed in 33 genera ( and 86 species). Pteridophytic (spores) representation is only 20.4% with 5 genera (and 9 species). Quantitatively, palynofossil assemblage of the seam from mine III resembles fairly well with those from the mines I and II. Based on geological, geophysical and palynological data the lignite seam has been assigned a Miocene age.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/016651629290035U

Cheers
Mike

Geology

Michael Goff