Geology/fuel geology

Sir, what is the age of neyveli lignite?

You know how to use the internet I think - yes?

The palynological, particulate organic material (palynodebris) and biopetrological aspects of the main lignite seam encountered in NLE-27, NLE-35 and NLE-36 borehole sections in mine III of the Neyveli lignite field of the Cauvery basin were investigated. The palynoflora is rich in angiospermic pollen (79.6%) distributed in 33 genera ( and 86 species). Pteridophytic (spores) representation is only 20.4% with 5 genera (and 9 species). Quantitatively, palynofossil assemblage of the seam from mine III resembles fairly well with those from the mines I and II. Based on geological, geophysical and palynological data the lignite seam has been assigned a Miocene age.

Michael Goff

I have over 20 years experience in Hydrogeology, I can answer questions about water resource development, well construction and testing, artificial recharge and general groundwater topics.

I have worked as a consultant in Florida and California, I have worked for the water utility in Las Vegas, NV and am now working as a consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have designed, constructed and tested numerous production and artificial recharge wells and managed the largest direct injection AR program in the US.

Bachelor of Science Degree - Geology - Western Michigan University, 1986