Geology/Questin about fossil shells.

Fossils to define name
Fossils to define name  
I found some fossil shells and I am trying to identify correctly them and I donīt have photos with the shells that usually are found here in Venezuela. These are the following:

Pecten codorensis, P. soror, P. codercola, P. (Amusium) aguaclarensis

Ostrea haitensis, Ostrea messor, Crassostrea virginica falconensis, Ostrea (Lopha) messor, O. (Alectryonia) vespertina venezuelana

The photo with the shells that I am trying to identify is attached. 2,3 and 4 are the same kind of oster, but some eroted by sand and sea. The photos 8 and 9 are same shell, both sides.

Maybe also you can help me to define if the age is 5 millon years (zancliense, early plioceno.)
If you need more photos you can find them here, with other information that I found about that:

Many thanks in advance.

I do not mind your rating. But I do have comments on your remarks:

1. I showed my inability as I am not an Expert in that field. I could not answer, because I do not know this subject. Geology has so many other branches. How many times have you said to others that you do not know, and in public, as I did?

2. And I even regretted for that! Don't you think it was enough 'Politeness'

3. Don't you think the pictures you sent were of very poor quality? There are very subtle changes which make a fossil different from its other species!

4. And I told the best way out for your problem was to approach a University.

I could have sent your question to 'pool' or even 'Rejected' it that you floated the question without finding the field of specialization of the Expert!

The best think for you was to keep quiet!

Paleontology had always been my weakest link with the subject of Geology! My regrets for not being of any help.

However, the photographs are also not very clear. The best thing for you is to visit a nearby University where Geology is taught.

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)

I am a petroleum exploration geologist with about 40+ years of diversified experience. I can answer questions on stratigraphy, log interpretation, field studies based on set of logs and core results, general geology etc. Can provide guidance for career planning in earth sciences. Can not help in questions about hard rocks, igneous petrology & mineralogy, sequence stratigraphy and seismic.

Petroleum Exploration - field geology, stratigraphy, prospect generation, interpretation of satellite imagery (visual), log interpretation.

Retired in May, 2006 as Senior Manager Exploration from Pakistan Petroleum Limited after serving 26 years. Since then continuing in active service with petroleum exploration companies.A cumulative experience of about 40 years covers 30 years in petroleum exploration, 5 years hydrogeology experience in Libya, and about 5 years of dam geology in Pakistan.

-AAPG Bulletin (Vol.88, July, 2004); paper on Sui Main Limestone (Eocene), a prolific gas reservoir in Pakistan. -Have presented papers on diversified topics ranging from spirituality, flood control, remote sensing and off course geology in France, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE, Kashmir, India and Pakistan that have been published in respective Special Proceedings. -ONGC Bulletin(India) Vol. 44, Number 2, December, 2009; Chapter 19.A & 19.B on basin architecture and stratigraphy of Pakistan, p.402-474.

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science in Petroleum and Structural Geology. PGD from ITC, The Netherlands.

-Remained Active Member of AAPG from 1990-2006; founding member of PAPG (a local affiliate of AAPG). -Life member of SEGMITE & AGID, and Senior Editor of SEGMITE magazine. -Member of the Board of Studies, i. Department of Petroleum & Gas Engineering (BUITMS, Quetta), and ii. Geology Department, Sindh University, Jamshoro. -Member of Stratigraphic Committee of Pakistan. -Represented Mining Journal, UK in Pakistan till 2007. -Chairman of Annual Technical Conference (ATC)& Oil Show, an SPE/PAPG annual event, in 2003. -Chairman Technical Committee (ATC, 2002).