Geology/research proposal

kindly let me know about treatment of expansive clays through compaction control.

I found this article:

You might want to take it a bit further and try to refine the tests the did, but categorize the expansive clays through mineralogical analysis of the actual percentage of smectite clays present, or mix your own "clay" using various percentages of smectite mixed with other soil materials.   I don't see in the article whether they name the soil, or clay by name or mention a percentage of expansive clay in the samples.  It could be they assumed it was 100% smectite, but I am not sure.  I am wrong they list it in table 1.  But using that you could fine tune the experiment by percentage clay.

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas