Geology/research proposal

Question
kindly let me know about treatment of expansive clays through compaction control.

Answer

Zia:

I found this article:

http://www.paas.com.pk/images/volume/pdf/790607620-19.pdf

You might want to take it a bit further and try to refine the tests the did, but categorize the expansive clays through mineralogical analysis of the actual percentage of smectite clays present, or mix your own "clay" using various percentages of smectite mixed with other soil materials.   I don't see in the article whether they name the soil, or clay by name or mention a percentage of expansive clay in the samples.  It could be they assumed it was 100% smectite, but I am not sure.  I am wrong they list it in table 1.  But using that you could fine tune the experiment by percentage clay.

Geology

Keith Patton