Geology/Found a "rock" in a cave. Don't know what it is.

Sparkly white rock
Sparkly white rock  

Other side.
Other side.  
My Husbend went into a small narrow cave on Vancouver island bc. He broke off a price of white rippled rock. Very sparkly.

Don't know what it is?

I have been an expert on all experts for ten or so years and this is the first time that I do not have a clue about a rock.  I have also been a caver for 30 or so years and have never seen a rock like this in a cave.

The one thing that I will say is that; although it looks a lot like a shell I don't believe it is a fossil.  I believe it has something to do with either wave action or wind action.  

I would take the rock into a local university for an explanation.  The geologists there will be much more familiar with caves in the area and the formations that constitute caves in the area.

Joe Norris

I am an economic geologist. An economic geologist does mineral evaluations and appraisals of mineral or mining properties. I can tell you if your deposit has value - remember that a mineral deposit, no matter how good, only has value when mined. Any value assigned to a mineral deposit, in the ground, is only the speculative value that deposit.

I have been a economic geologist for most of my 35 year career. Although I have done work in perhaps 45 states and numerious countries much of my work has been in Appalachian coal, intermountain west gold and silver, and Arizona uranium.

Past President of the Virginia Section of the American Institute of Professional Geologists and a certified geologist in twelve states.

BS Degree from Eastern Kentucky University. Work on MS Degree @ Eastern Kentucky University, Colorad School of Mines & Marshall University Numerious short courses on the value of mineral deposits and how to value same. Also several short courses dealing with the different types of geologic processes; sedimentary, igneous, metamorphic along with the mineral associated with each.