Geology/Petroleum Engg

Sir my son is studying in 2nd year pre engg and he intends to do petroleum engg but only UET lahore is managing the same with intake of 40 student each year. i think unfortunately he is unable to get admission in PE then advise alternate to join this field in future. thanks for an early response.

Dear Mr Muhammad,

Thanks for seeking my advice on your son education.

In Pakistan, there are other Universities offering Petroleum engineering for Bachelors degree other than UET, Lahore.

Others are Institute of Petroleum of Natural Gas, Mehran University Jamshoro

NED University, Karachi

If he likes to continue his education for pursue career in petroleum he may opt to study Geology or Geophysics which are being taught in many universities in Pakistan.If you live in the norther Pakistan, univesrities in Lahore, Peshawar and Azad Kashmir are nice places to study whereas in south; Mehran, Balochistn (Quetta) and Karachi have good old geology departments.

Best of luck to your son studies.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist