Geology/ridge and spur sampling

kindly add on some details regarding the application of ridge and spur sampling sir! exam tomorrow on field geology.

Ridge and spur sampling is a reconnaissance survey technique for identifying potentially economic mineral deposits.  It is just as it sounds, samples are collected from the tops of ridges and connected spurs.   These ridges might have been identified by stream channel sampling in adjacent watercourses.  Sampling involves taking samples from a designated soil horizon for standardization and the samples are checked for soil alteration and analyzed for target metal concentrations.

The link below describes additional follow up sampling to delineate the ore body extend on a much tighter sample spacing over a larger areal extent.

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas