Geology/Geological Engineering

AoA, Sir I am going to start BS Geological Engineering from UET Lahore .. So I wana ask is this field good for girls or not and in future will I be able to find a good job or not .. ??

I am not the best person to answer your question because I did MSc in geology and I am working in upstream oil and gas industry. I have not seen any geological engineering graduate working as geologist in oil industry. The name implies that it is more related to geo technical and engineering side. It's better to ask someone who had graduate from UET lahore and now serving in respective industry.

Syed Anjum Shah

I would love to answer questions related to petrophysics which includes conventional as well as unconventional reservoirs. I will avoid answering NMR, CMR and acoustic processing techniques as these are not my area of experties.

Petrophysics and source rock maturity modelling are the fields of great interest. Petrophysics includes, experience in single and multi-well interpretation including thin-beds, carbonates, complex mineral reservoirs, LRLC pay reservoirs, Shale Gas plays. Logging program creation. Operations support. Core analysis. Mud log analysis. Geomechanical data integration for well stability, placement, and completion type.

Saif Energy Limited

Msc Geology 2006

I am in a client company