sir please tell me a scope of geology in Pakistan .I am interested in geology but I am afraid bcz my friends and family members  have negative thinking  about this subject if you give me some reasons totake a part in this subject iam very tankful to you

The question is very tricky and involves several connotations. Let me summarize about positions which you can get once you graduate. With Masters degree in geology, you can get into oil industry as petroleum geologist, structural geologist, sedimentologist, petrophysicist, seismic interpreter, mud logger, based on your specialization. You can get into mineral exploration and construction side also. The oil industry is going through a slump, so it is hard to find a position in oil industry but you can try other options.

I hope it clears some of the scope of geology.

Syed Anjum Shah

I would love to answer questions related to petrophysics which includes conventional as well as unconventional reservoirs. I will avoid answering NMR, CMR and acoustic processing techniques as these are not my area of experties.

Petrophysics and source rock maturity modelling are the fields of great interest. Petrophysics includes, experience in single and multi-well interpretation including thin-beds, carbonates, complex mineral reservoirs, LRLC pay reservoirs, Shale Gas plays. Logging program creation. Operations support. Core analysis. Mud log analysis. Geomechanical data integration for well stability, placement, and completion type.

Saif Energy Limited

Msc Geology 2006

I am in a client company