Geology/geology

Question
sir please tell me a scope of geology in Pakistan .I am interested in geology but I am afraid bcz my friends and family members  have negative thinking  about this subject if you give me some reasons totake a part in this subject iam very tankful to you

Answer
Farhan,

The question is very tricky and involves several connotations. Let me summarize about positions which you can get once you graduate. With Masters degree in geology, you can get into oil industry as petroleum geologist, structural geologist, sedimentologist, petrophysicist, seismic interpreter, mud logger, based on your specialization. You can get into mineral exploration and construction side also. The oil industry is going through a slump, so it is hard to find a position in oil industry but you can try other options.

I hope it clears some of the scope of geology.

Syed

Geology

Syed Anjum Shah