Geology/Petroleum engineering in Pakistan

Sir I am asad akhtar from karachi Pakistan.I have a great interest in Petroleum engineering,I want to take admission in dawood university of engineering and technology but my issue is that dawood university has petroleum engineering but not PEC recognized So I am really worried about that. Sir if i got admitted in that is there will be any problem of job in Pakistan or outside Pakistan or there is no issue?

Dear Asad,

Thanks for sending me your question.

Petroleum engineering is the great subject and nice career.
If you are interested pursuing  it you should not restrict yourself to one college or school but you must try to find out which school offers the best education in Pakistan. Engineering universities of NED, Karachi  and Mehran University, Jamshoro, Sindh have also offered this subject and you must try to find about their admission criteria.

Petroleum engineering scope depends on the situation of petroleum industry business and activities which in turn related to the oil price. Due to the global slump in oil price the exploration drilling and production activities have been affected. Several projects which were about to be started have been put on hold for the improvement of oil price and better economics in the industry. I think oil price would be improved in one to two years. Since you are a student and you will be in the job market in 4 to 5 years,  I believe that your chances to get a job then  would probably be better than those trying to find jobs now. The same rule applies in Pakistan as well as I understand that major field development projects are  deferred for a better time.

Please do not drop the idea to study petroleum engineering at all.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist