Geology/Geology and Petroleum engineering in Pakistan

Sir, I am asad from karachi Pakistan I have a question that if I will do b.s. in geology than I will took m.s. in petroleum technology. Is there will be any issue for that for job in the future or this is not a good idea. And what is geology? Is there value of geology in job market in the world.

Dear Asad
Geology is one of the basic science to understand the earth and its process
Geological process for formation of mineral deposits inducing fossil fuels such as coal-petroleum natural gas deposits.
Petrolueun in the world -exploiting on the basis of geological discoveries
Our life is sustain by mother earth-We have to understand earth and its process
Mining engineer depends upon geologist for location of deposits-Minerals are basis for any country?Who are doing?geologist?
All civil engineering constructions for projects/dams/tunnels etc depends upon geological conditions
in USA geology given top priority even construction of building towns cities geologist approval requires
However developing countries still not following
u can read geology in graduation and post graduation
See web sites of departments learn more
Earth Sciences fror Every one
u can read our journal Int Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineerring =web site
Themes of International Journal of Earth Sciences Engineering=-JEE Journal
The International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (IJEE) focus on Earth sciences and Engineering with emphasis on earth sciences and engineering. Applications of interdisciplinary topics such as engineering geology, geo-instrumentation, geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering, mining engineering, rock engineering, blasting engineering, petroleum engineering, off shore and marine geo-technology, geothermal energy, resource engineering, water resources and engineering, groundwater, geochemical engineering, environmental engineering, atmospheric Sciences, Climate Change, and oceanography. Specific topics covered include earth sciences and engineering applications, RS, GIS, GPS applications in earth sciences and engineering, geo-hazards such as earthquakes, landslides, tsunami, debris flows and subsidence, rock/soil improvements and development of models validations using field, laboratory measurements.
Professors / Academicians / Engineers / Researchers / Students can send their papers directly to:,
For all editorial queries:
D. Venkat Reddy (Editor-in-Chief)
Professor, Department of Civil Engg.
NIT-Karnataka, Surathkal, INDIA

Dr D.Venkat Reddy

Engineering Geology,Mining geology,commercial petrology,Decorative and dimensional stones,Hydrogeology

20years texhing and reserch expireience in geology,enginnering geology for graduate and undergraduate students-reserch guidance,10years field exoireience conducting field camps for geology students=Presently Assistant professor in geolog

NITK-National Institute of Technology,Surathkal,Mangalore-DK,India Geology section Dept of Civil Engineering

published 70 research papers.( 4 books)- Editor in Chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering -1.Engineering Geology for civil Engineers-oxford &IBH pub-1996] 2.Decorative and dimensional stones of India-CBS Pub-1997 3.Engineering Geology-Vikaspublishers2010 4.Applied Geology-Vikaspub-2010

MSC(GEOLOGY),Osmania university,India, MSC(Tech )Hydrogeology,OU,India PhD(GEOLOGY)OU,India

Distinguishing Indian Award Editor in chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (

PRESENTLY WORKING =Professor of Geology-Dept of Civil Engineering NITK-INDIA