Geology/Petroleum Geology

Respected Sir !
i humbly request you to please tell me about the oil , gas producing fields of pakistan . the source rock , reservoir rock and cap rock of these fields , and the type of structures in which they are present .
Thankyou .

Dear Barkah,

Thanks for your interest in Geology and for posting your question.

There are more than 250 oil and gas fields in Pakistan and for any one its nearly impossible to answer your question. So please be specific in your question when next time you send the question. I will more than happy to help answering your question if its a specific question about one or two fields or any other interesting query.

Experts in this forum usually reject such questions which requires too much reading and data collection which an expert can't do it.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist