Geology/Rock

Question
Rock
Rock  
Rock
Rock  
QUESTION: I dug this up 30 yrs ago while hunting arrow heads in S.Texas. It took me two hrs and a wheel barrel to get it home. It's huge and weighs over 65lbs. I had a friend weld a stand for it and it has been on display at my home since. Can you tell me what I have. Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Would it be convenient fro you to add a close up pic of the specimen. Try to scratch it with iron nail ( can a nail scratch it), scratch it with a broken piece of glass (can the glass scratch it. PL. post your observations, it would help. Prima facie it appears to be a part of Geode-quartz?

Rock
Rock  

Rock
Rock  
QUESTION: On the clearer parts of the rock I could not scratch, but towards the bottom, I found if I pressed very hard I could scratch in certain areas of the more cloudy parts.

Answer
Yes it seems to be Quartz, a cavity lined up with tiny quartz crystals or it can be a part of Geode - again Quartz lining the cavity and the shell made up of opal/agate or chalcedony (all varieties of quartz/silica. You can check about these minerals (opal/agate/chalcedony and also about Geodes) in any mineralogy book or can google it as well.

Geology

N.K.Agarwal