Geology/petroleum geology

Dear sir,
as i am on training job in petroleum industry which are working in upper indus basin.My question is about Hangu formation in UIB.The lithology is mainly hard,transparent to translucent Sandstone but dear sir you have written Hangu fm as a shale and acting like a seal rock.Kindly clear my confussion i shall be very thankful to you.

Dear Hussain,

Thanks for your query. I don't know what is the reference of Hangu? In Meyal field Hangu and Lower Jurassic can not be easily distinguished and its mostly mudstone and sandstone. Hangu indeed may act like a seal for Jurassic Datta Sandstone where it has shale or mudstone.

Moreover, tight and argilleaceous cement sandstone may also serve as top seal for any reservoir provided very low or no permeability.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist