You are here:

Geology/Photographs of minerals


Mr. Patton,

Thus far, I am unsuccessful in locating photographs of the crystalized structure of Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin Clay, Talc and Titanium Dioxide (used as 'fillers' in the production of paper).

Do you have a source for such photo's?  I need to have permission from the source to use them in a research paper I am preparing.

Thank you!


Looking on the web, I found most of the images you were looking for.  In the case of Calcium Carbonate you might have to be a bit more specific as to the form you want.

I am assuming electron microscope images are what you want.  If that is the case contact and see if they have images for sale.  They do electron microscopy of earth materials.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Keith Patton


I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.


I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas

©2017 All rights reserved.