Geology/Paleontology of Pakistan

Dear Sir,Is there any list of index fossils regarding Pakistan? or any book Paleontology of Pakistan.

Dear Sajjad,

Thanks for sending me your question. The best information regarding fossils of Pakistan can be found in the following;

Title: Stratigraphy of Pakistan, Volumes 11-13
Volume 12 of Geological Survey of Pakistan: Memoirs of the
Volume 12 of Memoirs of the Geological Survey of Pakistan
Stratigraphy of Pakistan, S. M. Ibrahim Shah, Editor   S. M. Ibrahim Shah
Publisher: Director General, Geological Survey of Pakistan, 1977, Length   138 pages

Moreover, you may find in several local research publications published by HDIP and universities of Pakistan. Try to find the old papers from The Geological Bulletin of the Punjab University.

Kindest regards

Tariq Hasany  

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist