Geology/about career

sear sir,
         I have BS-Geology with specialization in geophysics(crustal study based on gravity data)
sir can i apply for geophysicist post ? which demand Msc -geophysics
waqar Ahmed

Dear Waqar,

Thanks for sending me your question.

I believe you have studied geology as a major,  but you specialized in geophysics for one or two semesters. I understand that at least you are well versed with geophysics and its application in petroleum exploration which put you an advantageous position than others..

Every job has the complete job description in the advertisement and it's important that your experience should meet that requirements fully or partially. If you meet that criteria then you should apply.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist